Scallop Egg Rolls
Sweet, tender scallops are bundled up in a crispy golden shell for a sweet twist on this popular Asian favorite.
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 cups Sea Best Raw Scallops, thawed and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons prepared pepper relish
- ½ cup Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 egg roll wrappers
1. Heat at least 2 inches of canola oil in a cast iron pan to 350°F.
2. Mix scallops together with remaining ingredients, except wrappers.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into each egg roll wrapper while squeezing out as much excess moisture as possible; fold wrappers.
4. Fry rolls for 2 ½ to 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with store-bought sweet chili dipping sauce.
Chef’s Note: As a healthier alternative, use dumpling wrappers. Follow the recipe, but steam the rolls. Also, try these rolls using other Sea Best products. Many different seafood selections will work.