Mild Flavor, Medium Texture
A rich, buttery flavor and a firm, flaky texture make cod fillets one of our most popular and versatile fish. With the high omega-3 oil content giving these fillets their delicious flavor, it may come as a surprise that they’re naturally low in fat.
- Wild Caught
- Naturally Low Fat
- Individually Vacuum Packed
- Individually Quick Frozen
- Excellent Source of Protein
Pan Fry • Bake • Broil
To Thaw: Remove fillets from vacuum wrap. Place fillets in bowl of cool water until completely thawed or place in refrigerator for 24 hours until thawed.
Simple Preparation Instructions: For best taste and texture, pan fry the cod fillets.
- Preheat oven to about 425°F. Place fillet in lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, and butter or margarine.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet until it is opaque throughout.
- Fry a single layer of fillets in a skillet with hot oil at 350°F until golden brown or until fish flakes easily.
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain, and serve immediately.
- Preheat broiler. If desired, season fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place pan containing fish 4 to 5 inches from heat and broil 6 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet.
- Test flaking at thickest part of fillet.
CAUTION: Contents will be hot. Heating times are approximate. They will vary due to the make, model and temperature calibration of your stove or oven.