Versatile, Mildly Flavored Whitefish with a Moderate Texture
Sea Best tilapia fillets are an excellent introduction to seafood with their mild, palate-friendly flavor and medium texture. Tilapia is ideal for sauces or seasonings, adopting the flavors of the seasonings with which it’s paired.
- Farm Raised
- Zero Carbohydrates
- Naturally Low in Fat
- Individually Vacuum Packed
- Individually Quick Frozen
- Excellent Source of Protein
Bake • Broil • Pan Fry
To Thaw: Remove fillets from vacuum wrap. Place fillets in bowl of cool water until completely thawed or place in refrigerator for 24 hours until thawed.
Simple Preparation Instructions: For best taste and texture, bake or broil tilapia fillets.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place fillet in lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and butter or margarine.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet until it is opaque throughout.
- Preheat broiler. If desired, season fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place pan containing fish 4 to 5 inches from heat, and broil 6 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet.
- Test flaking at thickest part of fillet.
- Fry a single layer of fillets in a skillet with hot oil at 350°F until golden brown or until fish flakes easily.
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain, and serve immediately.
CAUTION: Contents will be hot. Heating times are approximate. They will vary due to the make, model and temperature calibration of your oven or stove.