Tasty tilapia fillets, crusted with natural sliced almonds and pan-fried to golden perfection, will become a family favorite in your home.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups sliced almonds
- 4 Sea Best Tilapia Fillets, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Place the flour, eggs and almonds in three separate shallow bowls.
- Coat one side of each Sea Best Tilapia Fillet with flour, shake off excess flour. Dip both sides of fish in beaten eggs; press almonds into unfloured side of the fillets.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook fish, almond side down, for about 3 minutes. (Watch closely so that the almonds do not burn.)
- Carefully turn fillets; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, parsley, salt, lemon juice and remaining oil. Serve the tilapia with the rice mixture.