Jumbo shrimp, cooked in white wine and butter and tossed with tomatoes, bacon, chives and toasted croutons, provide a hearty meal to jazz up any mealtime.
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes (½" cubes)
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups Sea Best Raw Shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place bread cubes in single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crispy; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Carefully drain bacon drippings; add wine to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook wine until it is reduced by 25%.
- Add tomatoes and Sea Best Raw Shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add butter cubes, one at a time, stirring until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chives, and the reserved croutons and bacon; gently stir until coated.