CATFISH are coated with Parmesan bread crumbs and chives, then rolled up and wrapped with smoked bacon. This delicious baked fish entrée makes a beautiful presentation when served on a bed of rice.
|1/4||cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||tablespoon snipped chives|
|4||Sea Best Catfish Fillets, thawed and patted dry|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|2||cups instant white rice|
|4 to 8||small wooden skewers|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Season Sea Best Catfish Fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heavily coat each fillet with bread crumb mixture.
- Roll up each fillet from the large end.
- Wrap each roll-up with a bacon strip; secure with small wooden skewers.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook fish in oil until bacon is browned, turning frequently.
- Place fish in a greased 13"x 9" x 2" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions or instructions.
- Serve fish roll-ups with rice.