THAI RED CURRY WITH SALMON
Give your immune system a boost with this hot and healthy, superfood curry dish. Our salmon is loaded with brain-boosting and heart-helping omega-3s to help you stay healthy.
PRINTER FRIENDLY - CLICK HERE
|1|| lb. Sea Best® Salmon|
|1||cup dry jasmine rice|
|1||tablespoon oil (preferably canola or other light-tasting oil)|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||green pepper, chopped|
|4||oz. jar of red curry paste|
|3||tablespoons canola oil (for making curry)|
|2||cups chopped tomatoes|
|1 1/2 ||cups chopped canned pineapple + 2 tablespoons juice|
|1||can full-fat coconut milk|
- While you are preparing the curry, cook the rice in 2 cups of water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil (canola or other light-tasting) in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Sprinkle salmon pieces with salt, place them into frying pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for an additional minute. (You want the salmon to be slightly cooked, not fully.) Remove salmon from pan and place onto a cutting board.
- Chop the salmon into smaller, bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
- In large frying pan, heat butter on medium. Add diced onion and fry until translucent.
- Add garlic and chopped pepper and fry for an additional minute or two.
- Add curry paste and 3 tablespoons canola oil and fry for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, pineapple plus 2 tablespoons juice, coconut milk, and salmon. Let the curry simmer for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the salmon is cooked through.
- Season with salt, to taste. Serve with rice and garnish with basil.
- Recipe courtesy of dishonfish.com