CHIMICHURRI SHRIMP SKEWERS
These shrimp skewers make preparing shrimp simple and delicious. A slightly smoky flavor mixed with spicy chimichurri provides full-flavored shrimp, that’s also an excellent source of protein.
PRINTER FRIENDLY - CLICK HERE
|1||lb. Sea Best® Raw Shrimp|
|2 ||cloves garlic, peeled|
|1/2 ||jalapeño, seeds and stem removed (leave the seeds in if you like it spicy!)|
|1||packed cup fresh cilantro (about 1 small bunch)|
|1||packed cup fresh parsley (about 1 small bunch)|
|1/3||cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- To make chimichurri sauce, combine the shallot, garlic and jalapeño in a food processor and process until finely chopped; add the cilantro, parsley, lime juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and finish processing until fairly smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and cover with 1/3 cup of the chimichurri sauce; toss to coat.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers to make them easier to handle on the grill, or put foil on grill if using loose shrimp.
- Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, until charred and pink throughout.
- Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
- Option: Serve grilled shrimp over grilled veggies or brown rice or quinoa.
- Recipe courtesy of dishonfish.com